[U-Boot] Setting Ethernet Speed in NFS boot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Jun 29 09:00:57 CEST 2013

Dear Sandeep C R,

In message <CAEX5Uh8eJ18GbSg+C0ctyDOpzoDv=HvZP0QTVSFiTYke4-RktQ at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I have a powerpc system with u-boot as the boot loader. Is it possible for
> me to set the speed of the ethernet link while doing a nfs boot? ie. When
> the nfs boot is happening i want to  set the ethernet speed to say 10mbps
> or 100mbps according to my preference.

No, you don't want to do that.  You want to use autonegotiation
instead.

Please read the related FAQs (and for example the wikipedia article
about autonegotiation and why you run into a lot of problems when not
trying to force specific modes, especially when doing so on one side
of the link only).

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
 The software required `Windows 95 or better', so I installed Linux.