[U-Boot] M29EW flash is detected as 0xFF

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Fri Mar 1 07:59:33 CET 2013

Hi Jagan,

On 22.02.2013 16:32, Jagan Teki wrote:
>> I am able to detect the correct Manufacture ID and device ID with these changes.
>>
>> Bank # 1: CFI conformant flash (8 x 8)  Size: 64 MB in 512 Sectors
>>   AMD Standard command set, Manufacturer ID: 0x89, Device ID: 0x7E2301
>>   Erase timeout: 4096 ms, write timeout: 2 ms
>>   Buffer write timeout: 5 ms, buffer size: 1024 bytes
>>
>> But the 1024 bytes buffer size is another issues, as Numonyx CFI
>> wrongly mentioned 1024 instead of 256.
>> Any way that we can fix I guess for N29EW flashes..
>>
>> but how these changes impacts the other flashes i don't ..
>>
>> Please find the log message.
>
> I made a fix for hw cfi issue when device is operating in 8-bit mode,
> If the above changes are looks fine we may have this fix will solve
> the M29EW flashes operates under 8-bit mode.
>
> Could send your comments/views.

Not sure if I understood you correctly. So I have to ask some questions:

Did you use this patch?

http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/140863/

Did it apply without issues to mainline U-Boot? Or did you have to make
some changes so that it can be applied? And did it fix the issues you
have seen before?

And did you have some make some further changes as well?

Thanks,
Stefan