[U-Boot] M29EW flash is detected as 0xFF

Jagan Teki jagannadh.teki at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 08:12:25 CET 2013

Hi Stefan,

On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 12:29 PM, Stefan Roese <sr at denx.de> wrote:
> Hi Jagan,
>
> On 22.02.2013 16:32, Jagan Teki wrote:
>>> I am able to detect the correct Manufacture ID and device ID with these changes.
>>>
>>> Bank # 1: CFI conformant flash (8 x 8)  Size: 64 MB in 512 Sectors
>>>   AMD Standard command set, Manufacturer ID: 0x89, Device ID: 0x7E2301
>>>   Erase timeout: 4096 ms, write timeout: 2 ms
>>>   Buffer write timeout: 5 ms, buffer size: 1024 bytes
>>>
>>> But the 1024 bytes buffer size is another issues, as Numonyx CFI
>>> wrongly mentioned 1024 instead of 256.
>>> Any way that we can fix I guess for N29EW flashes..
>>>
>>> but how these changes impacts the other flashes i don't ..
>>>
>>> Please find the log message.
>>
>> I made a fix for hw cfi issue when device is operating in 8-bit mode,
>> If the above changes are looks fine we may have this fix will solve
>> the M29EW flashes operates under 8-bit mode.
>>
>> Could send your comments/views.
>
> Not sure if I understood you correctly. So I have to ask some questions:

Firstly, apologies from my side by sending too many status updates
that makes you confusion.

> Did you use this patch?

Yes, I have applied the same patch,

> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/140863/
>
> Did it apply without issues to mainline U-Boot? Or did you have to make
> some changes so that it can be applied? And did it fix the issues you
> have seen before?

I have manually applied those changes as the index values are differ.
I haven't added any newly code other than the patch changes.

Yes it fixed the error by detecting correct manufacture and device ID.

> And did you have some make some further changes as well?

And apart from these patch change, I have changed one more this for
numonyx M29EW fix
for incorrect write buffer size..any way that I could send once these
changes are pushed/reviewed.

Thanks,
Jagan.