[U-Boot] M29EW flash is detected as 0xFF

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Fri Mar 1 08:18:54 CET 2013

On 01.03.2013 08:12, Jagan Teki wrote:
>>> I made a fix for hw cfi issue when device is operating in 8-bit mode,
>>> If the above changes are looks fine we may have this fix will solve
>>> the M29EW flashes operates under 8-bit mode.
>>>
>>> Could send your comments/views.
>>
>> Not sure if I understood you correctly. So I have to ask some questions:
>>

> Firstly, apologies from my side by sending too many status updates
> that makes you confusion.

No problem. I have been slow on reacting.

>> Did you use this patch?
>
> Yes, I have applied the same patch,
>

>> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/140863/
>>
>> Did it apply without issues to mainline U-Boot? Or did you have to make
>> some changes so that it can be applied? And did it fix the issues you
>> have seen before?
>
> I have manually applied those changes as the index values are differ.
> I haven't added any newly code other than the patch changes.

If you had to make some changes to this patch, then please send the
changes / updated patch version as a new version (v3) to the list. So
that it applies clean now. And please change the commit text accordingly.

> Yes it fixed the error by detecting correct manufacture and device ID.

Only that? IIRC, then without this patch, writing to the 8-bit flash
didn't work at all. But I don't have such a board, so I can't really
test myself.

>> And did you have some make some further changes as well?
>
> And apart from these patch change, I have changed one more this for
> numonyx M29EW fix
> for incorrect write buffer size..any way that I could send once these
> changes are pushed/reviewed.

Please send this additional change/fix as a separate patch to the list
as well.

Thanks,
Stefan