[U-Boot] 9g45 don't work

Andreas Bießmann andreas.devel at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 18 12:18:01 CET 2013

Dear xiexiaochao,

On 03/18/2013 03:14 AM, xiexiaochao wrote:
>   hello,   my board base on  9m10g45, but mine don't work.
> version ----  2013 lastest .  Would you please tell me why??

Please configure your MUA to wrap at about 80 chars per line.

> I will appreciate your reply.
>
>   message below:
>
> -- AT91bootstrap Project 3.0 --
> -- AT91SAM9G45-EK
> -- Compiled: Mar  5 2013 18:10:43 --
> -I- Setting: MCK = 133MHz
> -I- Init DDRAM
> -I- Init NAND Flash
> -I- Nandflash ID is 0x9500F1EC
> -I- Nandflash driver initialized
> -I- Size of the whole device in bytes : 0x8000000
> -I- Size in bytes of one single block of a device : 0x20000
> -I- Number of blocks in the entire device : 0x400
> -I- Size of the data area of a page in bytes : 0x800
> -I- Number of pages in the entire device : 0x40
> -I- Bus width : 8
> -I- Copy "" (196608 bytes) from NAND 0x00020000 to 0x73f00000
> -I- Jump to 0x73f00000

These are all at91bootstap outputs. It breaks when handing over from
at91bootstrap to u-boot. It is possible that your u-boot really break
here, but cause we do not see any output from u-boot (the version line)
it is likely that you have mis configured at91bootstrap here. However it
may be some mis misconfiguration in u-boot too. The relevant parameters
are CONFIG_SKIP_LOWLEVEL_INIT, CONFIG_USART_BASE/CONFIG_USART_ID. Please
check that these are setup correctly.
Regarding the at91bootstrap please check the following questions:
 * Can you verify, that you have written your u-boot binary (the *.bin
   file) at offset 0x20000 into your NAND?
 * Can you also verify that your u-boot image is not bigger than
   192 kBytes?
 * Have you checked that the ECC mechanism used when writing the u-boot
   into NAND do match the oob layout the mechanism used to read the
   u-boot out of NAND?
 * Can you please check that you have more than 64MiB SDRAM connected
   and correctly initialized by at91bootstrap?

Best regards

Andreas Bießmann