[U-Boot] [RFC] command/cache: Add flush_cache command

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Mar 20 15:51:03 CET 2013

Dear York Sun,

In message <1363724992-9803-1-git-send-email-yorksun at freescale.com> you wrote:
> When we need the copied code/data in the main memory, we can flush the
> cache now. It uses the existing function flush_cache. Syntax is
>
> flush_cache <addr> <size>
>
> The addr and size are given in hexadecimal. Like memory command, there is
> no sanity check for the parameters.

Why would it be necessary to ever run this manually?

I feel you are just papering over bugs / shortcomings elsewhere in the
code.  Should we not rather fix the places where the cache flushes are
missing in the code?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Why can you only have two doors on a chicken coop? If it had four  it
would be a chicken sedan.