[U-Boot] [RFC] command/cache: Add flush_cache command

York Sun yorksun at freescale.com
Wed Mar 20 20:40:05 CET 2013

On 03/20/2013 12:15 PM, Tom Rini wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 11:43:15AM -0500, Scott Wood wrote:
>> On 03/20/2013 09:58:36 AM, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
>>> Dear Albert,

>>> bootm and
>>
>> It doesn't always happen through bootm.  Standalone apps use the
>> "go" command.
>
> So, to try and be a bit more verbose about this, for U-Boot applications
> which use 'go', we still need to ensure cache coherence, which is why
> bootm does a cache flush, we need some way to flush in this case.
>
> And in this case you aren't better served by say bootelf ?

We have a user's case to release secondary cores to run user's
application which is in main memory. The secondary cores don't
necessarily share the cache with the core u-boot is running, depends on
hardware implementation. Without flushing the cache, those cores don't
have the correct code to fetch.

York