[U-Boot] Handling images(.jpg, .bmp etc) in u-boot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Mar 24 14:16:11 CET 2013

Dear bhargavak,

In message <1364124418778-150541.post at n7.nabble.com> you wrote:

> The problem I'm facing is how do I load my images into eMMC flash.

There is a several ways to do that.

> The tftp command the manual uses seems pretty staright forward, but it does
> require a network connection, doesn't it ?

Yes, indeed TFTP needs a network connection (which, if supported for
your hardware, can also be over USB).

> I just have a microUSB connecting my PC and board(a device running android
> on OMAP44xx),
> how do I proceed ?

If the device is running Android, you definitely also have a network
connection, or don't you?  Why don't you do the needed formatting of
the eMMA< creationof file system and installation f the images under
an OS, then?

In U-Boot then you can simply read from that file system.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
You Don't Have To Be 'Damned' To Work Here, But It Helps!!!
                                             - Terry Pratchett, _Eric_