[U-Boot] Support of Beagleboard-xm

Dashi Cao dscao999 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 03:52:28 CET 2013

I'm not so familiar with u-boot. Your way seems more elegant. I've
being using this version with loading/saving env within the FAT on the
microSD for a while.
There is a feature in my solution that needs to be mentioned. The
default environment is read out from the variable
"default_environment" within the object "env_common.o" and written out
into a file (uEnv.txt). This is accomplished through the "putenv.c" in
the tools directory.
I think you are in a better position to output an acceptable patch for
beagleboard-xm into the u-boot.
My patch is a git path, which when applied to 2013.01.01 u-boot
through "git apply", will give a source which can be built.

Thomas