[U-Boot] [RFC][DFU] Unification of dfu_alt_info alt settings description + command execution

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Nov 1 00:11:55 CET 2013

Dear Lukasz,

In message <20131031222010.082d453f at jawa> you wrote:

> > Why can we not have a common format for all media supporting the "raw"
> > type?  I mean, why can we not also use "start, size" for mmc?  It
> > should be trivial to convert into a LBA number.
>
> I think, that I could do better with this table.
>
> What I have meant, is that the "raw" extra parameters are the same in
> both cases. The interpretation of start and size (if they are LBA or
> "normal" addresses) depends on the <dev_name>.

I think they should _not_ be interpreted differently. I would expect
that "start" is an offset in bytes from the beginning of the device,
for all of the cases.  Similar, "size" would be the number of bytes,
for all cases - bot bytes here and sectors there.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the  soap,
and much more difficult to find ...     - Terry Pratchett, _Sourcery_