[U-Boot] ARM: interrupt_init before relocation, write fails

Joe Kulikauskas jkulikauskas at cardinalpeak.com
Wed Nov 6 17:18:53 CET 2013

Hi,

Rob, yes that's correct.

To Albert's question: the disassembled instruction I had showed
LDR       R3,ff0a0fc0 is load of r3 with address of the variable holding
the stack address;  "this write" is the str which I've now copied in below.
IRQ_STACK_START_IN = gd->irq_sp + 8;
ff0a0fb0: e5992044 ldr r2, [r9, #68] ; 0x44
ff0a0fb4: e2822008 add r2, r2, #8
ff0a0fb8: e5832000 str r2, [r3]

For my target, IIRC the write to flash caused problem in the flash
controller hardware, breaking further instruction fetches.  On other
platforms the write to flash may fail silently.  But the issue is that
interrupt_init() moving into board_init_f (i.e. before relocation)
generally just doesn't work right.

Joe