[U-Boot] livetime of boards

Andreas Bießmann andreas.devel at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 7 15:27:23 CET 2013

Dear Tom Rini,

On 11/07/2013 02:31 PM, Tom Rini wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 07, 2013 at 10:37:24AM +0100, Andreas Bie?mann wrote:
>> Hello all together,
>>
>> On 11/07/2013 09:17 AM, Heiko Schocher wrote:
>>> Am 06.11.2013 08:50, schrieb Wolfgang Denk:
> [snip]
>>>
>>> Hmm.. that works, if you have to touch some (some < 5) boards. But
>>> If you have to touch > 5 boards, this gets unhandy...
>>
>> How about:
>>
>> MAKEALL --check-boards -s at91
>>
>> ;)
>
> I feel this is the hard part of the problem, and what we're glossing
> over.  What has to be tested by the board maintainer?  What are we going
> to leave to their discretion?  Will am335x_evm not count if I don't dig
> up the NOR cape for it?

for the time being I'd glad to see reports of (un)successful boot with
configured bootm command.

But I see your point, there is another input vector for the tests. I
think this could only be defined on a per board basis.
To pick up your example, I think it is worth to know that one tested the
am335x_evm to boot via NAND. At least for the maintainer, so he can skip
that and just test the NOR booting.

Best regards

Andreas Bießmann