[U-Boot] livetime of boards

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Nov 7 20:19:29 CET 2013

Dear Heiko Schocher,

In message <527B8C7F.6060503 at denx.de> you wrote:

> > All you want to do here is feed a database with data.  This is not
> > what mailing lists were made for, so we should really use a more
> > appropriate interface.
>
> Ok. But this status report can be in readable text format ;-)

Yes, it can. So do you want to see 250 "test passed" messages for the
BeagleBone or the Rasperry Pi for every few commits that get merged?
I don't.  In a database, we can automatically filter redundant
information.

You, you can use a mailing list for submitting such information, but I
doubt that it would be efficient.  And I definitely do not want to see
this on the current U-Boot ML.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"You ain't experienced..." "Well, nor are you." "That's true. But the
point is ... the point is ... the point is we've been not experienced
for a lot longer than you. We've got  a  lot  of  experience  of  not
having any experience."           - Terry Pratchett, _Witches Abroad_