[U-Boot] livetime of boards

Heiko Schocher hs at denx.de
Fri Nov 8 05:58:01 CET 2013

Hello Tom,

Am 07.11.2013 14:31, schrieb Tom Rini:
> On Thu, Nov 07, 2013 at 10:37:24AM +0100, Andreas Bie?mann wrote:
>> Hello all together,
>>
>> On 11/07/2013 09:17 AM, Heiko Schocher wrote:
>>> Am 06.11.2013 08:50, schrieb Wolfgang Denk:
> [snip]
>>>
>>> Hmm.. that works, if you have to touch some (some<  5) boards. But
>>> If you have to touch>  5 boards, this gets unhandy...
>>
>> How about:
>>
>> MAKEALL --check-boards -s at91
>>
>> ;)
>
> I feel this is the hard part of the problem, and what we're glossing
> over.  What has to be tested by the board maintainer?  What are we going
> to leave to their discretion?  Will am335x_evm not count if I don't dig
> up the NOR cape for it?

Good point! What gets tested on a board can only decide the person who
execute the test on the board. We must trust, that it covers hopefully
all functionality ...

Hmm... would we want to introduce testscripts to U-Boot, which should
be executed on boards? Hehe... I see, this discussion breaks my fast
thought, of introducing just a small and fast livetimer mechanism ;-)

bye,
Heiko