[U-Boot] fw_setenv device not accessible

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Nov 8 08:24:37 CET 2013

Dear pshambhu,

In message <1383894946586-167013.post at n7.nabble.com> you wrote:

>       In u-boot i am passing mtdargs in RW mode only. but still i am unable
> to change the values.Yeah its true that mtd4 device is in READ only mode,
> but how can i change the access permission of the device, so that i can
> set/change  the u-boot environment variable values from the Linux platform.
>
> please provide me the solution for this ??

first, this is effectively a Linux issue, so you are mostly off topic
here.

Second, it's very difficult to help at all if all you provide is some
vague statement without any details like an exact description of what
you attempted to do and what the result was - including for example a
complete boot log.

So I can only guess... It seems you are trying to pass MTD partition
information to Linux by using the mtdargs boot argument, and this
doesn't work.  Well, perhaps your Linux kernel is not configured to
use such information at all?  Eventually it takes the informantion
from somewhere else, like from the device tree?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened.
                              - Terry Pratchett, _Moving Pictures_