[U-Boot] u-boot gerrit server

Vadim Bendebury (вб) vbendeb at google.com
Tue Nov 12 17:55:28 CET 2013

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 8:47 AM, Otavio Salvador
<otavio at ossystems.com.br> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 2:36 PM, Vadim Bendebury (вб)
> <vbendeb at google.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 3:07 AM, Otavio Salvador
>> <otavio at ossystems.com.br> wrote:
>>> Once I saw this announcement I thought the same thing as Albert: how
>>> custodians will have their trees there?
>>>

>> It is easy to create multiple projects, one per custodian.
>
> Yes but than Tom would need to send another branch for review or
> directly push into master?

I am not sure what would be the best way of doing it, but the bottom
line is that there still would be multiple git repos with chunks of
code going upstream once accepted by custodians.

> Besides, how people will 'transfer' one patch from one tree to
> another? This will happen quite often as someone mistakenly sending a
> patch for the wrong tree or custodians wanting the set to go together
> in a single merge...

How is it handled today? Gerrit is after all just a means of keeping
track of patches in a more efficient way, the rest could be similar to
what is in use now, or enhanced using gerrit's features.

--vb