[U-Boot] u-boot gerrit server

Albert ARIBAUD albert.u.boot at aribaud.net
Tue Nov 12 18:30:14 CET 2013

Hi Otavio,

On Tue, 12 Nov 2013 15:16:15 -0200, Otavio Salvador
<otavio at ossystems.com.br> wrote:

> Hello Albert,
>
> On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 3:13 PM, Albert ARIBAUD
> <albert.u.boot at aribaud.net> wrote:
> > On Tue, 12 Nov 2013 15:00:06 -0200, Otavio Salvador
> > <otavio at ossystems.com.br> wrote:

> >> Currently it is just reassigned in Patchwork; using multiple trees
> >> will complicate this.
> >
> > How about one branch per custodian? At my previous job we had a couple
> > branches, one per distinct "product".
>
> I am not aware of a way to 'transfer' a patch from one branch to another.

There would not be such transfers -- we don't do this right now with
our trees. We do merge requests, which means pulling two custodian repos
into the same working repo, doing a merge between what are now two
custodian branches, and pushing the result back onto one of the
custodian trees.

So here, if there is one branch per custodian, what we would need
is the ability to merge one custodian branch into another.

Amicalement,
--
Albert.