[U-Boot] [U-Boot, v1, 1/4] mtd: nand: add NAND_BUSWIDTH_AUTO to autodetect bus width

Gupta, Pekon pekon at ti.com
Thu Nov 14 05:32:01 CET 2013

> From: Scott Wood [mailto:scottwood at freescale.com]
> On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 06:57:05PM +0530, pekon gupta wrote:
> > From: Matthieu CASTET <matthieu.castet at parrot.com>
> >
> > This patch is slightly modified from following linux patch
> > http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd/2012-
> November/044803.html
>
> Which is now commit 64b37b2a63eb2f80b65c7185f0013f8ffc637ae3
>
> > So retaining the authorship to Matthieu CASTET
> <matthieu.castet at parrot.com>
> > *Modifications from original patch*
> > reset chip->read_byte, chip->read_buf, chip->write_buf before setting
> defaults.
>
> Why does U-Boot need this if Linux doesn't?

Yes, I plan to drop this patch.
Reason: Though this feature was introduced in linux long back, but hardly
any mtd/nand drivers using this. Also there are alternative approaches
which do not require any change in individual controller drivers, but just
in generic NAND driver.
I have proposed them in linux mtd-maillist, I'll propose same in my next
version of patch-set.

http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd/2013-November/049744.html

with regards, pekon