[U-Boot] u-boot gerrit server

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Nov 17 17:51:20 CET 2013

Dear Otavio,

In message <CAP9ODKox=e6j3UYdDJbgdxn+j8Orh+F15FeW5f17tgwLn8i68Q at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> > Are any of the Linux sub-trees managed by gerrit?
>
> I don't think it is the right comparison. We are not discussing if
> Gerrit is good or bad; or even who uses it. Our focus must be: does
> Gerrit workflow work for /most/ of us? In case the answer is true, we
> can adopt it. Otherwise, no.

I was interested in existing experience with this tool. It seems
it's something we cannot run for testing in parallel with the normal
mailing list method, so we should be really sure that it works for the
type of tasks we have to do.

In other situations we've always looked at what the Linux kernel guys
are doing - assuming they have a very similar sort of taks, just at an
even much higher scale.

So I think it would be very intersting information to learn if some of
the Linux subsystems are using Gerrit, what their experience is, and
how they organized their work flow around it.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Old programmers never die, they just become managers.