[U-Boot] u-boot gerrit server

Tom Rini trini at ti.com
Mon Nov 18 17:00:51 CET 2013

On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 11:07:59AM +1100, Graeme Russ wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> You do all realise that we are going about this, to use some British
> vernacular, arse-about-tit
>
> Everyone agrees that the current U-Boot review workflow 'has issues' (and
> has had issues for quite some time). The first attempt at overcoming these
> issues was Patchwork. I personally think that that ended up being far less
> successful than we hoped

Maybe it's time to swing around back and talk about what's wrong with
our current tools then.

What I don't like about patchwork:
- Some patches just don't make it in.
- Sometimes discussions can be a bit hard to follow there, but that's
  what real mail list archives are for.

That's it.  The queue can get unwieldy if you don't check the unassigned
patches daily, but I don't see how another tool is going to fix the
underlying problem of people not using the tool frequently.

What I like about patchwork:
- Bundles.
- Everything is mailbox format / git am'able.

--
Tom