[U-Boot] SPI and I2C EEPROM

Heiko Schocher hs at denx.de
Tue Nov 19 05:41:07 CET 2013

Hello Aaron,

Am 19.11.2013 05:18, schrieb Aaron Williams:
> Hi all,
>
> On one of our new boards we have both a SPI (M9256-W) and I2C (24lc256) EEPROM. I have run into a couple of issues. First of all, it looks like the eeprom command can only handle one EEPROM device. It would be useful if multiple devices could be supported.

Yes for "you run into issues"...

The current eeprom driver can handle multiple i2c eeproms on one i2c
bus, see define CONFIG_SYS_I2C_MULTI_EEPROMS in common/cmd_eeprom.c

But not spi and i2c on one board ... and maybe you need also to specify
the eeprom addr len?

> Another issue I ran into is that the M95XXX driver is hard coded to use CS1.
>
> Perhaps the eeprom command could be enhanced to specify whether the device should be spi or i2c rather than hard coded as well as support multiple devices?

Yes its software, so that could be done.

Device driver model would help here much...

bye,
Heiko