[U-Boot] u-boot gerrit server

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Nov 19 08:12:24 CET 2013

Dear Heiko,

In message <528AE93D.2080805 at denx.de> you wrote:

> - Maybe a cmdline interface to change the state of a patch, so I do not
>    need to open a webbrowser (not necessary, would just nice ;-)

This can be done using existing tools.  "pwclient update" can be used
to update the status.

A minor problem here is identifying the patch when you don't want to
use the web interface at all.  If you have the original e-mail message
stored locally (I'm using exmh / nmh as MUA, so each message is a file
for me anyway), then you can use  pwparser  to compute the hash of the
message and use this as an index, like that:

----------- snip -----------
#!/bin/bash

[ $# -ge 1 ] || { echo "Usage: $0 patch ..." >&2 ; exit 1 ; }

for PATCH in $*
do
	HASH=$(/home/wd/bin/pwparser.py --hash <$PATCH)
	if [ -z "$HASH" ]
	then
		echo "ERROR: $PATCH - no such entry in PatchWork" >&2
		continue
	fi

	if pwclient git-am -h $HASH
	then
		pwclient update -s 'Accepted' -h $HASH
	fi
done

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
There's an old proverb that says just about whatever you want it to.