[U-Boot] sending data from ram to host machin in u-boot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Nov 19 11:52:44 CET 2013

Dear "James W.",

In message <CA+FcS-yya38TFq7o2=o0mCS4kbU9Q0awwpmbYycgg-1z+TgaRg at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> You need to code a serial driver protocol. At pc end .you using putty

Why would he?

> > I am working with Uboot only. there is no any kernel or OS. I am running
> > program only dependent on U-boot. It stores result in RAM. Now, i want to
> > transfer that data to my host machine. My development board is connected > to
> > host PC via serial console.
> > Pleas help...

Just use the "sendb" command to upload the data a S-Records.  Yes,
this is not really eficient, but unless you have an ethernet
connection it's what you can get for free.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
When a man sits with a pretty girl for  an  hour,  it  seems  like  a
minute.  But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute -- and it's lon-
ger than any hour. That's relativity.              -- Albert Einstein