[U-Boot] OMAP3 i2c issues on IGEP, u-boot 2013.10

Nikita Kiryanov nikita at compulab.co.il
Wed Nov 27 15:58:26 CET 2013

On 11/27/2013 04:22 PM, Enric Balletbo Serra wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> 2013/11/27 Thomas Petazzoni <thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com>:
>> Dear Enric Balletbo Serra,

>>> Right, I've reproduced the issue. Any OMAP3-based board affected for
>>> this issue ?
>>
>> Not sure to understand your question: my paragraph above mentions the
>> IGEP board as being the platform on which I'm seeing this. So indeed, a
>> OMAP3-based board is affected. But maybe I misunderstood your question.
>>

> Oops, sorry, bad question :)
>
> Anybody knows if other OMAP3-based boards are affected for this issue ?

Our boards were also affected by this, and I managed to track the
problem down to the zeroing of cnt register at the end of write, which
was not present in the original version of the driver and appears to be
triggering an issue that is mentioned in OMAP3 errata.

I just posted a patch to address this problem. You can find it here:
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/294593/

--
Regards,
Nikita.