[U-Boot] OMAP3 i2c issues on IGEP, u-boot 2013.10

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Wed Nov 27 16:28:39 CET 2013

Dear Nikita Kiryanov,

On Wed, 27 Nov 2013 16:52:56 +0200, Nikita Kiryanov wrote:

> >> Not sure to understand your question: my paragraph above mentions the
> >> IGEP board as being the platform on which I'm seeing this. So indeed, a
> >> OMAP3-based board is affected. But maybe I misunderstood your question.
> >>

> > Oops, sorry, bad question :)
> >
> > Anybody knows if other OMAP3-based boards are affected for this issue ?
>
> Our boards were also affected by this, and I managed to track the
> problem down to the zeroing of cnt register at the end of write, which
> was not present in the original version of the driver and appears to be
> triggering an issue that is mentioned in OMAP3 errata.
>
> I just posted a patch to address this problem. You can find it here:
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/294593/

Thanks for this patch. Unfortunately, I've applied it, and it doesn't
fix the problem for me. I still have those I2C issues (did 3 boots of
the IGEP boards, two of the boot failed with an endless stream of
"i2c_read (addr phase): pads on bus 0 probably not configured
(status=0x10)") message.

Thanks,

Thomas
--