[U-Boot] OMAP3 i2c issues on IGEP, u-boot 2013.10

Tom Rini trini at ti.com
Wed Nov 27 17:13:08 CET 2013

On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 06:01:18PM +0200, Lubomir Popov wrote:
> Hi Nikita,all,
>
> On 27-Nov-13 17:52, Nikita Kiryanov wrote:
> >On 11/27/2013 05:28 PM, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> >>Dear Nikita Kiryanov,

> >>Thanks for this patch. Unfortunately, I've applied it, and it doesn't
> >>fix the problem for me. I still have those I2C issues (did 3 boots of
> >>the IGEP boards, two of the boot failed with an endless stream of
> >>"i2c_read (addr phase): pads on bus 0 probably not configured
> >>(status=0x10)") message.
> >>
> >>Thanks,
> >>
> >>Thomas
> >>

> >The zeroing of the cnt register also happens in other places in the
> >driver, and it is entirely possible that they should be removed for
> >OMAP3s as well.
> >
> >In my patch I removed it only for i2c_write() because the original
> >driver also zeroed the cnt register in I/O functions- except in
> >i2c_write(), and I decided to follow the original driver's lead.
> >
> >What happens if you remove all the lines that zero the cnt register?
> >
> I think you are on the right track.
>
> Tom R, I guess I have been right back in spring when proposing this
> to be a driver for OMAP4+ only.

Well, the kernel driver handles omap1/2/3/4 so the problem is we aren't
respecting (and tracking) the differences like we need to.  I do not
want to if at all possible have an omap3 driver (since we dropped
omap24xx and will be dropping the last omap1 shortly) and an omap4+
driver that're pretty close, with just a few differences.

--
Tom