[U-Boot] Compiling fw_printenv tool

Alexey Smishlayev alexey at xtech2.lv
Fri Nov 29 11:53:28 CET 2013

Hello!

I'm trying to compile fw_printenv, to work with U-Boot environment
variables under my linux os. I'm using commands:
$ cd u-boot/
$ make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-none-linux-gnueabi- env

The tool compiles successfully, I get the executable under
u-boot/tools/env/fw_printenv, but it seem to be compiled for my host
machine.
On my device it says:
# ./fw_printenv: line 1: syntax error: "(" unexpected

How do I cross compile it for my embedded system? Do I just set the
HOSTCC environment variable in the Makefile?

Best regards,
Alexey Smishlayev