[U-Boot] Compiling fw_printenv tool

Alexey Smishlayev alexey at xtech2.lv
Fri Nov 29 13:50:16 CET 2013

Dear Detlev,

I ran
$ make HOSTCC=arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc env
and got the tools/env/fw_printenv executable. But the Make command
returned error:
strip: Unable to recognise the format of the input file `fw_printenv'
make[1]: *** [fw_printenv] Error 1

I guess, HOSTSTRIP variable also has to be set.

However, I uploaded the unstripped executable to my embedded device, and
ran:
$ chmod a+x fw_printenv
$ ./fw_printenv
-sh: ./fw_printenv: not found

I tried also manually stripping the executable.
What could be this error related to?

Best regards,
Alexey Smishlayev