[U-Boot] Dual boot Images in Flash

pshambhu pradeep.shambhu at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 15:19:18 CEST 2013

Hi Wolfgang,

                 With respect to previous mail, i have one small doubt. I
have two three u-boots,

u-boot_stub
                                                                        _
_|_ _ _ _ _ _ _

                                                                   u-boot1
u-boot2

Can i have a small uboot_stub in the reset entry table, which will boot
initially, and while booting it should select the default booting location
(u-boot1).But if the default booting location fails to boot up then
u-boot_stub should select bootloader u-boot2.

u-boot_stub will do CRC checksum on the u-boot1, if CRC checksum fails on
that, then u-boot2 will be considered for bootup.

Since its the software, i think it can be done and If it is possible, can
you please tell me which are the files need to be taken care for the file
changes.

please guide me if i am wrong

Thanks & Regards
Pradeep S