[U-Boot] imximage on the MX50

Andre Renaud andre at bluewatersys.com
Wed Oct 2 05:23:07 CEST 2013

Hi,
I'm trying to port u-boot 2013.10-rc2 to the i.MX50 (which is very
similar to the i.MX53).

However I'm not having much luck with the imximage, and have so far
not managed to make the unit run stand-alone.

Specifically, the dcd_ptr in the v2 imx header points to an address in
DDR, however I would have thought that on power-up the DCD is loaded
somewhere in iRAM (since the DDR isn't running at this stage), and
then only once this has been interpreted is the full image loaded into
DDR. The tools/imximage.c code appears to only work with DDR
addresses, and I'm assuming that this same system works fine on the
MX53.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Regards,
Andre