[U-Boot] : Discussion on Serial Flash Discoverable Parameters (SFDP): JESD216A

Jagan Teki jagannadh.teki at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 20:51:40 CEST 2013

Hi All,

As all we know that the spi_flash is a day-by-day developing hardware
where each vendor has followed their own standard to get the best to
come out.

I see SFDP looks like a common standard where most of the vendors were
following to get the flash parameter information at runtime.

I have couple of questions, added few flash vendors on cc - request
for all try to give some inputs
1. Does all vendors follow this standard at-least from the latest parts?
2. Any idea who are not following SFDP
3. Does the format of getting data from SFDP is varies from vendor to
vendor or same?
4. Command to get the SFDP is same for all vendors?
5. What type of information we can get any list?

Request for your comments, this will really help to shape the
spi_flash code more dynamic.

--
Thanks,
Jagan.