[U-Boot] Dual boot Images in Flash

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Oct 3 23:43:37 CEST 2013

Dear pshambhu,

In message <1380783611628-164588.post at n7.nabble.com> you wrote:

>                             Thanks for the feedback, for the customization
> of u-boot_stub, the main file start.S needs to be changed i guess, the
> u-boot_stub has to perform only CRC check. after performing it should goto
> u_boot1/u_boot2 address and then it should start booting.

I think you still fail to see the real issues with any such approach.

What makes you think the fact that the CRC checksum is correct could
actually mean that the image is really working?

It only means that there is a pretty good chance that it has not been
corrupted - it does NOT give you any additional reason to trust it
would be "good".

> How can i customize the u-boot_stub or generate the start.S file which
> perform only CRC calculation and switching address of u_boot1/u_boot2 ,
> which performs booting.

Well, just implement what you think needs to be done...

Note that I don't think that you could get what you want this way.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
A list is only as strong as its weakest link.            -- Don Knuth