[U-Boot] Dynamically define which Kernel image to boot during SPL execution

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Oct 6 21:31:02 CEST 2013

Dear 0xbin4ry,

don't you have a real name?

In message <52518C7E.3010704 at gmail.com> you wrote:

> I want to chose from two different Android kernel images to be booted
> during SPL execution. Thus, I guess I need to a) pass u-boot.img two

What would "u-boot.img" be here - the full U-Boot image loaded by the
SPL?  If you load and start that, then this would be the place where
you determine which kernel image to load and start.  However, if
you're uysing Falcon mode, then you would not load any u-boot.img at
all, and the SPL would include the code to determine which kernel
image to load and start.

> different parameters or b) call two different u-boot.img files, which in
> turn call the corresponding kernel images?

No, this would never be the case.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
To get something done, a committee should consist  of  no  more  than
three men, two of them absent.