[U-Boot] How/Where does "_start" get assigned a value ?

djoker thelonejoker at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 18:07:17 CEST 2013

Hi Everyone,

I have a armv7 board and am looking at the "_start" symbol address, using
the following command:
*nm u-boot | grep -w _start*

It returned the following:
*67000020 T _start*

I couldn't help notice that the the _start value is very "close" in vlaue to
the value of CONFIG_SYS_TEXT_BASE defined in my board file:
*#define CONFIG_SYS_TEXT_BASE 0x67000004*

But, I have searched through the source code, but not found where _start
gets assigned a value.. Could someone please help me understand this ?

Thanks,
~vj