[U-Boot] Question about dfu flash rootfs image

Heiko Schocher hs at denx.de
Mon Oct 14 07:43:59 CEST 2013

Hello Bo,

Am 12.10.2013 09:18, schrieb Bo Shen:
> Hi All,
> Now I am implementing DFU support on Atmel sama5d3xek board, when try to download rootfs image to NAND flash through DFU, we need to drop ffs from rootfs image.

Do you use ubi or jffs2?

> In dfu_nand.c when it call nand_write_skip_bad() with flags as 0. However, I need to call nand_write_skip_bad() with flags at least with WITH_DROP_FFS set.
>
> Till now, I don't find any good solution to pass the parameter, except hard code it or through "#ifdef CONFIG_CMD_NAND_TRIMFFS" to set it.
> Any suggestions for it and any other solution?

There was a discussion, how to reorganize the dfu_alt_info var, see:

http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2013-July/158920.html

I think, your question fits into this thread ...

Currently, I think, you should add in
drivers/dfu/dfu_nand.c:dfu_fill_entity_nand()

a new "partdropffs" ? string, and set a marker like for "partubi"
the dfu->data.nand.ubi var, and use this marker, where you need it ...

bye,
Heiko