[U-Boot] pxe incompatibility with x86

Ian Campbell ian.campbell at citrix.com
Tue Oct 15 23:03:08 CEST 2013

On Tue, 2013-10-15 at 15:39 -0500, rob.herring at calxeda.com wrote:
> Could this be a tftp server setup issue?

The exact same server and pxelinux.cfg setup works for x86 machines
using proper pxelinux.

> Should the server prepend "/whatever" with it's root?

I don't think so.

>  If not then I guess u-boot needs to strip any leading /.

Actually I think it needs to prepend /whatever to all the paths it
reads, not just the pxelinux.cfg ones.

IOW /ianc/osstest/tmp/marilith-n4--initrd.gz needs to
become /pxe/ianc/osstest/tmp/marilith-n4--initrd.gz when the DHCP
supplied filename was /pxe/pxelinux.0 because that implicitly sets the
prefix to /pxe.

Ian.