[U-Boot] Freescale P4080 DDR problems

Виталий Андрющенко avit99 at int.spb.ru
Wed Oct 16 16:53:37 CEST 2013

Hi, i have a problem while porting u-boot to my own-developed hardware
with P4080 and fixed DDR3 memory (not DIMM's).

Does anybody tested code for Freescale with fixed memory on real hardware?

It seems that the code does not initialize a lot of registers (for
example DDR_WRLVL_CNTL_2 and others) in function fixed_sdram(). But it
does this in function fsl_ddr_sdram() which i scalled if we have DIMMs.
Currently my u-boot hangs while testing upper regions of memory.

PS. I have tested the memory with Freescale's proprietary tests (called
DDR Validation) that use USBTAP and the test shows OK.

Can anybody give me a suggestion?
Thank you.
---
Vitaly