[U-Boot] [RFC] ARM: U-boot and 2 GiB of ram with get_ram_size only being long

Scott Wood scottwood at freescale.com
Fri Oct 18 18:43:21 CEST 2013

On Fri, 2013-10-18 at 02:04 +0200, Oliver Schinagl wrote:
> So now that that's settled, anything fundamentally wrong with my patch? :)

Did you see my other mail in this thread?  This patch is sort of OK for
raising the get_ram_size() limit from 1 GiB to 2 GiB (with an increased
risk of false positives from I/O), but it can't go beyond that on
32-bit.  A better approach would be to get the RAM size from the memory
controller, which is what we do on many Freescale PPC boards.

-Scott