[U-Boot] Is EP88x board dead or not?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Oct 18 22:20:49 CEST 2013

Dear Masahiro Yamada,

sorry, I missed that thread.

In message <20131018161619.7F08.AA925319 at jp.panasonic.com> you wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Oct 2013 11:46:48 +0200
> Albert ARIBAUD <albert.u.boot at aribaud.net> wrote:
> > (Wolfgang, correct me if I am wrong)
> >
> > I cannot tell indeed if Wolfgang's removal of ep88x was intentional or
> > not, but two things are sure: prior to its removal by Wolfgang, EP88x
> > did not have any MAINTAINERS entry; and since it was removed, you are
> > the first one to notice.

I have to admit that I cannot tell for sure.

Looking at what happenend I think I ran across the ep88x a bit later
in the process of the board removals, intended to remove it, got
interrupted, and then forgot to complete it.  Sorry for that.

> > I would therefore say that if you want EP88x re-introduced, then please
> > step up as the new board maintainer by adding your e-mail address in
> > boards.cfg -- and please do it only if you actually have an EP88x board
> > to test on.
> >
> > If you don't have an EP88x, or do not plan to be a maintainer for it,
> > and if no one else does either, then the best is to remove it entirely.
>

> Wolfgang. Any comments about this?
>

> I can post a patch to
>   - Delete  include/configs/EP88x.h
>   - Delete  board/ep88x/*
>   - Add EP88X to doc/README.scrapyard
>
> Is this OK for you too?

Yes, that would be great.  It seems we all agree that this is a dead
horse anyway.

Thanks for your careful checking, and thanks for volunteering to
complete the board removal. Both is highly appreciated.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The universe is all a spin-off of the Big Bang.