[U-Boot] check if board is in uboot / kernel via ethernet?

Abraham V. abraham.varricatt at vvdntech.com
Fri Oct 25 08:41:23 CEST 2013

One way is to run a service in one that is not present in the other. For
example, try running an ssh or telnet server in your kernel, but not in
uboot (To my knowledge neither is possible in the bootloader, but I may be
wrong). That way, if you can connect to your board via ssh, then you know
that the kernel must be up. But if it pings and you cannot connect, it
means that only the bootloader (uboot) came up.

-Abraham V.