[U-Boot] Should be Acked-by and Reviewed-by inherited for updated patches?

Masahiro Yamada yamada.m at jp.panasonic.com
Mon Oct 28 09:33:31 CET 2013

Hello exports.

When re-posting updated a patch (or patch series),
should be Acked-by and Reviewed-by tag inherited?

Let me give an example.

I posted
"First step towards Kbuild: Use Kbuild style makefiles"  v3.

Simon reviewed it and issued Acked-by tag.

> The series:
>
> Acked-by: Simon Glass <sjg at chromium.org>

But, unfortunately the series cannot be applied on the
current u-boot/master any more.
I will need to rebase the series on the u-boot/master
and re-post them as v4.

In this case, should I include
Acked-by: Simon Glass <sjg at chromium.org>
in the log of v4 series?

I think Acked-by tag for v3 cannot garantee
the validity of v4.
So, strictly speaking, I think I should drop
Acked-by tag if any change exists between v3 and v4.

Or should I use a common sense?

Best Regards
Masahiro Yamada