[U-Boot] gpmi-nand driver and jffs2 support

Hector Palacios hector.palacios at digi.com
Mon Sep 2 12:10:41 CEST 2013

Dear Huang,

On 09/02/2013 10:50 AM, Huang Shijie wrote:
> 于 2013年09月02日 16:42, Hector Palacios 写道:
>> I am writing the JFFS2 partition from my custom U-Boot. Do you mean
>> that they way it writes it could not be compatible with what the new
>> driver expects? That sounds really bad.
>
> The mtd code(as well as the gpmi driver) has merge many patch to the kernel,
> BUT, the relative patches are not submitted to uboot maillist. So the
> code is not aligned between the
> uboot and the kernel.

Ok, I just rewrote the JFFS2 partition using the mtd-utils and now it mounts correctly
and without any error.
So does this mean that U-Boot is now unable to properly write a JFFS2 partition for it
to be understood by the linux-next kernel? What is exactly the difference? Does it
only affect Freescale NAND controllers?

I'm including the U-Boot mailing list in CC.
The complete thread for reference: http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/271322/

Hector Palacios