[U-Boot] Executing U-Boot from Another Boot Loader

Roy Caspi roy.caspi at telrad.com
Thu Sep 12 08:56:02 CEST 2013

Hi,

I have a VxWorks Boot Loader running on my P3041 and from there I'm willing to execute a U-Boot image that was previously burnt in my flash.
The U-Boot image - u-boot-p3041ds-2011.09-r5.bin - is 512KB and is burnt at the address of 0xF802,0000, ending at 0xF809,FFFF (no env. parameters were burnt).
So from the VxWorks Boot Loader I branch to the address of 0xF802,0000 and get an exception. I also try branching to 0xF809,FFFC, but again the U-Boot shell won't show up.
Could you please help me on that? Where can I find the U-Boot entry point and how should I load it "manually"?

Thanks,
Roy