[U-Boot] Problem with -pie flag.

VISWANADHULA BALAJI vbalaji39 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 11:51:20 CEST 2013

Hi,

I have a global variable problem with u-boot when i enabled  with '-pie'
flag during linking time. In the interrupt handler i set the global
variable to 1 initially is set to 0 but i am not able to see the updated
global variable after return from interrupt handler. But it is happen when
i disabled the '-pie' flag.
            I have one more question on -pie flag. That is '-pie' flag
produces the relative symbols for u-boot relocation support. Though i
disabled the -pie flag i am able to relocate the code to the newer location
successfully how it is possible.

 Note: I also checked with different tool chains of arm-none-eabi-

Thanks
balaji