[U-Boot] worth correcting spelling of "redundand"?

Albert ARIBAUD albert.u.boot at aribaud.net
Mon Sep 16 13:03:33 CEST 2013

Hi Robert,

On Mon, 16 Sep 2013 04:30:09 -0400 (EDT), "Robert P. J. Day"
<rpjday at crashcourse.ca> wrote:

>   again, my pedantry getting the best of me but it makes me cringe
> whenever i run across the spelling "redundand" (tree-wide search):
>
> common/env_ubi.c:#ifdef CONFIG_SYS_REDUNDAND_ENVIRONMENT
> [...]
>
>   this obviously isn't a cosmetic change as it's used in numerous
> #defines, but if it's done all at once, it should be safe. i can
> submit a patch unless people feel it's simply too disruptive.

As a general rule, you don't need to ask before submitting a patch
unless you're really doing intrusive and potentially disruptive work
and want some feedback without risking getting bad code mainlined, in
which case... you'd still submit a patch, only tagged RFC. :)

IOW: just submit the patch; after all, the worst possible outcome is
only a NAK if you missed something important.

Here, just submit a patch with a summary line / subject like "fix
CONFIG_SYS_REDUNDAND_ENVIRONMENT typo".

> rday

Amicalement,
--