[U-Boot] [RFD] OMAP5: Working HYP mode

Alexander Tarasikov alexander.tarasikov at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 00:28:43 CEST 2013

Hello, u-boot developers!
I am attaching a patch to enable the HYP (hypervisor)
mode on the OMAP5 CPU. It is based on a previous patch by
Ian Molton. For some reason, Ian's patch was incorrect
and, most importantly, using the wrong SMC call). I think it
is because Ian was using some early omap5 prototype, and I was
using the SVT OMAP5432UEVM board which is commercially available.

Since this is a gross hack, I neither expect nor want it to be merged,
but I think people experimenting with ARM virtualization will find
it useful.

I have KVM working on OMAP5 as of now (using KVM patches from
openvirtualization and some linux kernel bugfixes of my own) and
I plan to write a blog post soon about how to repeat my steps.
My plan is to publish the patches to fix the bugs I've found.

I would like to receive comments on what is the planned way to implement
the HYP switching in u-boot and whether it is possible without using the
TrustZone SMC calls.

Have fun