[U-Boot] NAND flash question

ANDY KENNEDY ANDY.KENNEDY at adtran.com
Fri Sep 20 17:27:57 CEST 2013

Okay, well, next question:  So on EVERY unit we have designed with a
NAND flash, when u-Boot reads the NAND flash it reports that it couldn't
locate a bad block table and states that it cannot read the last four
pages of the flash.  Next, when one does a 'nand bad' on these boards,
these last four pages are reported by u-Boot as bad.  Looking at the
code, we believe that this is by design.  Is that correct?  Has anyone
else done a 'nand bad' on a board and seen the same information?

Thanks again for any information you can provide,

Andy