[U-Boot] When to create a SoC directory for ARM

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Sep 26 11:58:31 CEST 2013

Dear York,

In message <52437209.9020008 at freescale.com> you wrote:

> As David Feng post his patch set to add ARMv8 support, I am trying to
> enable it for Freescale implementation. Let's name it as LS2 for this
> discussion. I am thinking to reuse as much as possible for existing
> codes, which include copying some header files from powerpc partially. I

Please do NOT copy files. If these are shared, then move them to a
common location and make all code reference this.

> noticed the SoC field in boards.cfg file and I am wondering how to use
> it effectively. I want to put LS2 specific headers to
> arch/arm/include/asm/arch-ls2. Do I need to copy all files from
> arch/arm/include/asm/arch-armv8/? There aren't many but I see mmu.h is

Same here: never ever create copies of existing files.  Movce them to
a common location and make all code reference this single copy.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
8 Catfish                                               = 1 Octo-puss