[U-Boot] [PPC] get_timer without CONFIG_INTERRUPTS

Chris Packham cp.packham at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 10:22:01 CEST 2013

Hi,

Has anyone looked at a way of implementing get_timer for PowerPC without
using interrupts.

We appear to be having a problem with common/usb_hub.c where
occasionally (1 in ~150 reboots) we seem to get stuck in the do/while
loop in usb_hub_configure. It looks like this should timeout but because
we don't define CONFIG_INTERRUPTS get_timer() will only ever return 0.

I'm being a little paranoid (perhaps too paranoid) about turning on
CONFIG_INTERRUPTS. Looking at the code I can't see too much that would
cause problems but I want to avoid a rogue LBC or PCI-e interrupt
locking up the CPU.

Thanks,
Chris