[U-Boot] Dual boot Images in Flash

pshambhu pradeep.shambhu at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 15:27:45 CEST 2013

Hi,

      I am a new-bee for the u-boot environment, and i am trying to
implement/customize the u-boot code for Dual boot loading from the flash.
U-boot1 will be the primary Image and U-boot2 will be the Fallback image /
backup image. For any situation if my primary image gets corrupted while
updating the firmware, then in that case Fallback image should boot from the
flash, without any problem.

As per previous posting i got to know that, there will be only one reset
entry point, can't i have the another entry point in it.
  -  Why i can't have multiple entry points ? and what will be effect if i
introduced ?
  -  Where the reset entry points are defined in the u-boot code ?
  -  and, which are the files i need to consider for customization ?

Thanks & Regards
Pradeep S